- Type: Tour
- Duration: Full Day
- Distance: km
- Season: All Year
- Departure: Daily
- Minimum of Passengers: 2 Person
River Rafting in Cusco is an activity to get the adrenaline pumping and unforgettable experience, as well as offering unique spectaculars views of the Cusco Andean Mountains in remote places hard to reach by road. Some of the best rivers for rafting in South America are in the mountains surrounding Cusco, so if you want to give it a try this is the place!
All our one day trips run various sections of the Urubamba River, around 1 and a half hours from Cusco. This is the same river which flows through the Sacred Valley and was worshipped by the Incas as the ‘Bringer of Life’. Cusco River Rafting offers you security and guarantee in our services, come and enjoy your trip with Us.
Urubamba White River Rafting
Our Trip start at 8:30AM the guide will pick you up from your hotel (Cusco), Cusipata and Chuquicahuana are buried deep in the heart of the Sacred Valley of Cusco, They are located in the upper part or first part of the Sacred Valley, Here you will receive a safety talk and the necessary equipment to enjoy this adventure, This section of the river is more adventurous. In the dry season it remains fairly tame with rapids of up to level III, however in the wet season rapids can get as big as level IV. After the rafting tour you can visit the Cusco Zipline in the Sacred Valley.
Depart: 08:30 am pickup from hotel in Cusco
Return: approx. 5pm
Time spent on the river: approx. 2 and a half hour.
Cusco Rafting Levels
- Level I: Really easy without any risk, we just let the stream take us down.
- Level II: Stream with some waves and small rocks.
- Level III: Stream, rocks, holes, waves (enjoyable).
- Level IV: Stream, rocks, holes with more gradient or more volume of water with a little bit of risk. For this level, it’s not necessary to have a safety kayak with the group.
- Level V: Stronger and more enjoyable than the class IV with an element of risk, maximum commercial rafting level. For these rapids it’s necessary to have a safety kayak with the group
- Transportation from Cusco to the put-in at the River
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet, Life jacket, paddle, self-bailing Raft, Spray Jacket, wetSuit and booties.
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Safety Kayaker
- Hot Lunch in our private “Cusipata River Lodge”
- Transportation back from the River
- Relaxing Sauna.
- Hot showers, toilets
- We have a nice bar and socializing area.
What to Bring
- A complete set of dry clothes
- A small towel
- A swimsuit to wear under your neoprene suit
- A good positive mental fitness