Lares Trek to Machu picchu is a beautiful trekking that takes you well off the tourist trails as you climb out of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and continue over into the valley of Lares.
For over 4 Days, We will hike moderate to intense grade crossing beautiful Andean terrain and passing though the towns of Lares, Huacahuasi, Ipsaycocha, Patacancha, Ollantaytambo. We will crossing mountains and you have the chance to enjoy spectacular Andean landscape, including lakes and wildlife, and also visit traditional Andean villages and Incan ruins.
Lares Trek to Machu picchu Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco - Lares - Huacahuasi
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, and travel by bus for approximately 2 hours to Calca, where we stop for 20 minutes, It is the last place where You will find personal supplies and bread for children we will meet during our trek.
Then We will take a transport from Calca to Lares, located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, , It is the starting point of our trek , We meet with our horsemen and mules and begin the trek. You will hike for approximately 4 hours or less, uphill through the lush vegetation of the sacred valley, Once they reach the guide introduce them support staff who will be during the trip, the camp is in the community of Huacahucasi.
Day 2: Huacahuasi - Ipsaycocha - Patacancha
After having breakfast, We will continued the route, during your tour you can spot alpacas and llamas taming people, Along the route the scenery is stunning , there are glacial lakes, waterfalls and snow-peaked mountains. This area is also rich in birdlife and there is the possibility of seeing Andean ibis, Andean geese, flamingoes and more.
Day 3: Patacancha – Willoq - Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After breakfast, we begin making our way to Ollantaytambo before arriving could view an archaeological park (pumamarca) after lunch. It is place where you will board the train that takes you to Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival, you will spend the night in the chosen hotel or hostel.
Day 4: Aguas Calientes – Machu picchu – Cusco.
We get up very early today to get the first bus up the mountain to Machu Picchu, where you immediately begin a 2-hour guided tour of the entire Incan outpost there will be free time to explore Machu Picchu independently. We need to be back in Aguas Calientes because That afternoon, you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and, from there, a bus to Cusco.
Included / Not included
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish) until Ollantaytambo.
- Professional bilingual guide for Machu Picchu (private when 4+ people)
- Pack horses to carry food, camping equipment, and personal items (max 5kg).
- Pre-departure orientation meeting, (2 days before departure at your hotel).
- Pick up from accommodation in Cusco and transfer to Lares.
- Double occupancy tents (all new equipment!) with foam mattresses.
- Camping Equipment: kitchen tent, dining tent, chairs, tables, toilet at all campsites.
- All meals, snacks and coffee/tea breaks.
- First Aid Kit with oxygen.
- Radios for communication in case of emergencies.
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- 1 night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes (double rooms).
- Return bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Train back to Cusco (standard Backpacker/Expedition Service, if you would like to make a change to the service, or request a specific departure time, please let us know).
- Transfer from the train station back to accommodation in Cusco (1hr45 from Ollantaytambo).
- Huayna Picchu $10
- Sleeping bag - can be hired with Machupicchu Cusco Tours.
- A few meals are not included - Breakfast on Day 1 and Lunch & Dinner on Day 4.
- Possibly the most important thing to consider - TIPS for porters, guides, cooks.